Account manager New Business - Benelux2014-11-26
Location: This is a position based in Nieuwegein- Utrecht, the Netherlands
Operating schedule: Full Time
Work experience: +3 years
Language: Dutch - English
About the role:
Your primary role as Account Manager New Business (Benelux) is to prospect new clients by networking, cold calling, promoting or other means of generating interest. You must have a deep knowledge of the business sectors Icecat is focused on. You must plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with Icecat. You are responsible for developing business for the company. Strategic planning is a key part of this function.
• Identify and approach decision makers within the client organization and turn this into increased business.
• Implement the sales strategy (terms of sales, sales processes, etc.),
• Research and build relationships with new clients.
• Develop and expand long-term customer relationships,
• Prepare and execute contract negotiations,
• Develop and implement sales driven marketing / promotional activities,
• Participate in trade fair shows / Set up of customer events,
• Report to the Region Manager Benelux,
Desired Skills & Experience
• You must have relevant experience as account manager in one or more of the following sectors: Household, Do It yourself, Toys, Baby/Child products and Cosmetics,
• Completed HBO/University level education and between 3-5 years of sales and marketing experience.
• Proven track record and contacts in the B2B area,
• Affinity for e-business services,
• Self-reliant team player,
• Structured way of working, basing decisions on solid analysis,
• Negotiation and organizational skills,
• Self-confidence, friendly and customer driven,
• Strong communication skills and dynamic personality,
• Native Dutch and fluent English. French and other languages are a pre,
• Very good MS Office skills
Icecat NV is an independent worldwide publisher of ecommerce statistics and product content, part of the iMerge BV ecommerce group. Icecat is rated as a Deloitte Technology Fast 50NL company in 2014 based on 411% business growth over the past five years.
Icecat produced 1.7 million product data-sheets in 35 languages. Icecat analyses the performance of 9000 brands. Its statistics are based on 2 billion annual product data-sheets downloads by 41,000 connected ecommerce websites: online shops, ERP systems, comparison sites, purchase systems, rating portals, and other applications.